1. Ordered a whiz & onion cheesesteak at both Pat’s & Geno’s. Found a winner. (Sorry Geno’s–you skimped on the whiz!)
2. Discovered that chunky garlic sauce goes way better with dumplings than soy sauce does at David’s Mai Lah Wah.
3. Grabbed a scoop of straciatella and lemoncello gelato from the Italian Market. Had all of five bites before it melted in the scorching heat.
4. Hopped into the Swann Memorial Fountain to cool off.
6. Found the Banh Mi of hot dogs at Hot Diggity.
7. Slow-clapped when I found truffle burrata at Di Bruno Brother’s.
8. Scored a table at the last minute (thanks to a cancellation) and sunk my teeth into the most buttery sashimi ever at Morimoto’s.
10. Ate a second dinner on the way home at Waffle House. Slept 12 hours straight that night.