Recipe Box: Breakfast Twice Baked Potatoes
I love making twice baked potatoes! One morning I noticed a whole bunch of potatoes in the pantry and decided to make a twice baked potato for breakfast. My original recipe involves lots of bacon, cajun fried shrimp (cooked in bacon fat!) and lots of dairy–so I opted for some healthier toppings for the breakfast version to avoid feeling sluggish the rest of the day.
Breakfast Twice Baked Potato Recipe
- Four idaho potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- A handful of cheese (I used parmesan)
- Smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 stalks of scallions (separate the white section from the green)
- Half of an avocado (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil and season with salt. Place them on a pan and pop them in the oven for an hour.
- Take out the potatoes and cut them in half. Scoop out the potatoes, leaving half an inch along the border.
- Mash potatoes scooped out from step 3 and add sour cream, salt, pepper and chopped scallions (the white section).
- Spoon the filling back into the potato and crack an egg into the center of each potato.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pop the potatoes back in the oven for 15 more minutes at 375 degrees.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkled scallions (the green section), smoked paprika and a few slices of avocado.
Check out my original recipe with bacon bits and cajun shrimp here.
You may also like: